Just Hired! Our Meal Program Manager
Thank you for your interest in this key position! Teen Feed recently hired an amazing candidate – Phillip Peters.
The Teen Feed Meal Program Manager is an experienced, passionate and professional project management superstar supervising operational aspects of the Teen Feed meal program, providing oversight and support for 3-5 Meal Program Coordinators and on-site (volunteer) Advocates, Meal Team Volunteers and Allies. The leadership shown in this vital position ensures positive engagement, consistency, and safety in Teen Feed’s nightly meal program for young adults and stewards a philanthropic community of supporters with a lens of racial equity, gender diversity and social justice. Position reports to the Executive Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
To support and contribute to the philanthropic stewardship, education and collaborative training of the Meal Program Coordinator staff, Advocates, Allies. As a member of the management team, this position supplies strategic focus and planning to the Teen Feed organization with half-time in daily office operations. Meal Team Manager is responsible for execution of a mission-driven and collaborative Teen Feed program design welcoming to guest diversity, providing engagement, and ensuring safety among Teen Feed guests.
Operational and Facilities
- Have working knowledge of every facet of Teen Feed Meal Program operation, including set-up, check-in, meal preparation, serving, clean up, and de-brief
- Schedules 7 nights of staff, 365 days yearly and serves as site coordinator and supervisor to 2-3 employees
- Responsible for daily integrity of host sites including ROOTS, University Congregational and University Lutheran. Owns the unlock, closure and nightly checklists of host facilities, including minimum of 4 nights weekly onsite presence, facility oversight such as graffiti removal, and maintenance (sweeping, mopping, garbage, laundry as affected by the Teen Feed Meal program)
- Enforces the age limit of 13-25, contributes to referrals or services, and acts as a bridge to SLY and STOP programs and partner agency case management programs
- Ensures processes of operational integrity including: status of host-site refrigerators, communication to Teen Feed operations staff on behalf of Meal Team needs, basic needs acquisition and storage systems at host sites, tracking of storage inventory alongside STOP team, ownership of Teen Feed phone, binder and keys.
- Owns revisions to “How to Make it Go” meal checklists and cultural script
- Leads by example: in pre-meal meetings with Advocates and Allies, post-meal program debrief; logging any information (i.e. new bars, overall tenor of the evening, any particular youth to note). Leads use of techniques for conflict de-escalation and trauma-informed care.
Teen Feed Organizational Goals
- Point person for yearly Annual ID Check, Count Us In, Special Events and evaluations
- Responsible for creation and management of zero-based the Meal Program budget, including monthly oversight, expenditures and approvals and yearly contribution to planning, expense reports, grant coding
- Familiarity or willingness to be trained in harm-reduction, conflict de-escalation, anti-oppression, CPR, food-handler’s permit
- Leads recruitment, hiring, interview, and on-boarding for Meal Program Coordinator applicants including reference checks and criminal history background checks, new hire orientation, on-going training of Meal Program Coordinators and cross-training of interns and staff
- Reviews and approves Meal Program Coordinator time sheets
- Attends Teen Feed staff meetings and contributes to organizational planning and long-term goals
- With approval of administration, leads and executes Teen Feed’s Meal program site contractual agreements with all host locations, on-site partnerships
- Provides and documents individual monthly supervision with Meal Program Coordinators, and Annual Performance Evaluations of Meal Program Coordinators.
- Provides Meal statistics, produces accurate and timely reports, evaluations
- Ambassador for Teen Feed in outreach activities and grantor interviews, volunteer recruitment and retention and coordinated efforts to support volunteers as key staff members
- Willingness to be trained on the Salesforce system and enter key relational tracking data for clients and donors. Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Assists the Teen Feed organization in creating a sustainable Meal Team Program through the potential for a corporate training model and the engagement of youth voices in program design
Volunteerism and Stewardship
- Assists in tracking attendance of volunteer Advocates and Allies and nightly Meal Teams, supports their roles with regular check-ups during the on-site meal program
- Utilizes volunteer resource training and maintenance to support Teen Feed operations and a Volunteer Counsel
- Meets with stakeholders
- Issues in-kind receipts to donor deliveries
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- Program and personnel management experience
- Demonstrates cultural competency in social service systems and behavioral issues pertinent to the housing-insecure youth community
- Ability to perform all services in a culturally respectful manner, honoring homeless individuals in agreement with Teen Feed Core Values
- Excellent organizational, writing, language and interpersonal communication skills
- Full-Time / Exempt
- Salary DOE
- Competitive Benefits
Inquiries, resume and coverpage email to: email@example.com
Subject: Attention: Executive Director – Meal Team Manager Position